Saturday, February 12, 2011

Introducing Ohm and Kirchhoff

I got two laws for you today, Ohm's Law and Kirchhoff's Law. These two laws have become intertwined with each other to help mankind complete circuit questions throughout time--yes it is that Earth shattering. 
It's also useful for baking cookies.
Essentially, Ohm's law demonstrates how to find the resistor, current, or charge if you have the other two variables. Kirchhoff--being the little genius he is--discovered something a little different. Are you ready for it?
BAM
Wait that wasn't its. Okay here it is:
SERIES CIRCUITS
It = I1 = I2 = I3 = In
Vt = V1 + V2 + V3 + Vn
Rt = R1 + R2 +R3 + Rn

PARALLEL CIRCUITS
It = I1+ I2 + I3 + In
Vt = V1 = V2 = V3 = Vn
1/R = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3 + 1/Rn

Thats right, HE FORMULATED SIX FORMULAS.
Although this is not a race, if it were Kirchhoff would be totally winning. Together, our class discovered that they could be used to solve a bunch of varying circuit questions. Of course they are hard, but the fun is in solving these like sodoku-esque puzzles. Okay now go do some, have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment